Finding an Interior Designer for your business
As you prepare to hire an Interior Designer, there are several important steps you should take:
- Develop a Request for Proposal (RFP) that identifies the project needs, lists the scope of services required, and outlines the format for the proponents’ response.
- Establish a list of potential Interior Designers with relevant experience. Use ARIDO’s online registry to ensure the individual you are considering is a qualified interior designer.
- Issue the Request for Proposal (RFP) or design brief.
- Interview Interior Designers whose expertise fits the project needs. (This can be done before or after the submission of formal proposals.)
- Check qualifications and references.
- Select a qualified Interior Designer.
- Review the Interior Design contract in detail and ask any questions you may have before signing the agreement. Many organisations have their attorney or legal team review the contract before signing.
- Finalize the agreement and all relevant details in writing before the project starts.
Project above: Mandrake Offices; Interior Designer: Theo West-Parks, ARIDO. Photography by Steve Tsai.